CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kindergarten Luncheon

Our church puts on the best luncheon for the kiddos that are fixing to start kindergarten.  Garrett has been so excited for kindergarten to start, but when it was time to leave for this luncheon he got a little nervous and did not want to go. This is the first time he has acted this way.  I think he felt a little better after it was over and realized it really isn't going to be that bad. We prayed for our kids and the upcoming school year and then practiced going through the lunch line, making choices and carrying the big tray.  The parents were told to step back and let the kids do it all alone.  This was so hard.  I was very afraid he was going to drop his tray and get so embarrassed.  He did great though.  Being the oldest of three, Garrett has really had to grow up and do a lot on his own this year.  I was very proud that he made good food choices and was able to open everything on his tray.  He will probably never eat a meal in the cafeteria, but if he does, this was great practice for him.






1 comments:

Tara

That was one of my biggest fears when Jackson started school. It is amazing how they just get the hang of it. I have to admit I am stressing about Jaci and Tyler going to Kindergarden and going through the line at lunch as well. I guess you never get over that. Hope you all have a great year! Enjoy it...Seems like just yesterday I was sending Jackson off to school with my 2 babies at home with me. Now they are heading off as well. :(