CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Birthday and the American Girl Store

I have been looking forward to going to the American Girl store ever since it opened up and am so glad to have a little girl and a reason to visit it.  I was the biggest tomboy ever and never really played with dolls.  All I can remember having was a boy Cabbage Patch named Wallace Randolph and the American Girl doll , Molly.  I loved Wallace and think I was really in love with all of Molly's little accessories, but do remember playing with her too.  It was so neat to see Molly in the store with the same desk and bed and outfits that I remember having.
Gaitley got a Bitty Baby for Christmas and she absolutely loves her.  She is definitely not a tomboy and loves all the girly stuff.  I have to admit that I am having fun with it too.  We decided to take her to the store for her birthday and let her pick out a new outfit for Bitty.  It was so fun to watch her reaction when we walked in.  She loved looking at the dolls and all the stuff she could get for Bitty.  All she kept saying was, "I want this Daddy!  I want this!"  We are in trouble!

The morning of Gaitley's real birthday.  She is enjoying a cinnamon roll and blueberries for breakfast and practicing holding up two fingers.

 Outside the store

I love how she is standing on her tiptoes to see better.  Garrett will hate to admit this, but he enjoyed the store too.

Gaitley with her purchase.  The store really makes the kids feel special.  It is all about them and their doll.

The girls - we are posing with Molly.

Enjoying a birthday dinner at Mi Cocina

3 comments:

lsmith2867

Lindsey, she is too cute!! Beautiful Family!
Laura

Will

I saw an interesting piece about the Savage Family coat of arms in a Virginia church and posted it on my blog at http://www.namegameshop.com/blog/2010/08/savage-family-crest/ it is very interesting, check it out.

Deidra

It looks like Gaitley had a lot of fun, she's such a sweetie =) I can't wait to take Zoe there when she's a little bigger.