CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Thankful

We had such a fantastic Thanksgiving.  My entire family came to Rockwall.  It was so nice not to have to drive all the way to Spearman.  I did miss seeing Britt's family and my grandparents, but Christmas is only a few weeks away.  This was my first year to host and my first time ever to cook turkey and dressing.  I handed the hard part over to Britt and he fried the turkey and it was absolutely delicious.  I tried to copy Britt's mom's fantastic recipe for dressing and I think it turned out pretty good.  Now that you know it all turned out ok I will tell you how Thursday morning started out.  It was time to start cooking the turkey and when I took it out of the fridge it was still frozen.  Yikes!  It had been thawing for days.  We did the quick thaw method and soaked it in the sink.  Then Britt had the fryer all ready to go and it started pouring rain.  We moved it into the garage and just prayed we wouldn't have a big fire.  After all our morning drama everything turned out just fine and we had a great Thanksgiving dinner.  It was so nice to have everyone together.






2 comments:

Amanda

AWESOME family picture!!! How on earth did you get everyone to look and smile at once?1 Love it!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Your kids are seriously SO CUTE!

Jennifer

Such a beautiful family pic! And I love the one of Gaitley and Lance...too precious! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.