CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Garrett's 5th Birthday Party

Garrett is five years old!  Wow!  Where has the time gone?  This was a big birthday for him and for me.  Five is the year of many changes and the biggest one is that he will start kindergarten in the fall.  I still can't believe it.  Anyway, I could go on and on about him being five years old, but I'll just skip to the party.
He had an awesome 5th birthday party at ASI.  We had two coaches that were amazing.  They ran those kids for an entire hour.  I know mine were exhausted after the party.  He picked superheroes for his theme and this turned out to be pretty fun.  I decided to make blue velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing and I even made some cupcake liners to make them look extra fancy.  The cupcakes were very blue and delicious.  The icing on the other hand was a disaster and I have to give my husband full credit for saving the day.  I could not get the icing thick enough.  It was too runny.  I sent Britt to the store 30 minutes before the party to buy new supplies and he came home and made the new icing while I got ready.  I didn't sift the powdered sugar and that was the key. I will know next time, if I there is a next time.  I should have just bought them like I do every year.  In the end, they looked great and tasted pretty good.  All in all the party was a success and I would suggest ASI to anyone who is looking for a fun and easy party.

My very blue cupcakes.
The finished product.

Happy 5th Birthday!





All Garrett's friends were trying to tell the coach that it was his birthday.


They played this game forever.  The kids ran and ran and ran.

1 comments:

The Lowes

Happy Birthday Garrett! I can still remember when your mom was pregnant with you. You are so big!!! Looks like a great party and no big mess for mom to pick up afterwards :)