CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trip to Spearman


We loaded up the car last Thursday and made the eight hour drive to Spearman to spend the 4th of July with our families.  The ride there went really well and all the kids did great!  We are a little spoiled when we go see our parents because Britt and I grew up two houses apart and our parents still live there today.  Our kids are able to just run back and forth and spend as much time with each grandparent as they want.  Our weekend was filled with frog catching, fireworks, riding the lawn mower and seeing baby puppies.  The kids had so much fun!  Our trip back to Rockwall was not so successful.  We decided to go a different way and it ended up taking us TEN hours.  We got stuck in traffic on I-35.  I don't think we will go that way ever again.

Gaitley and Mimi watching Garrett catch frogs.

Catching frogs

Got one!

I can't believe my four year old was lighting fireworks.

  My mom's parents with Gaitley and Gracyn.

 Mimi and Gracyn

 Playing with the puppies

Papa and Gaitley riding the lawn mower.



Our last stop on the way home.  You can't drive through Texas and not stop at a Dairy Queen.

2 comments:

Amanda

So fun! Love the one of Garrett with his frog. :) We think the same thing about Dairy Queen!

The Lowes

I must admit that I am a little jealous of you and the visiting grandparents thing. One because you get to go home and two because you get to go home and see everyone! Hope it was fun.